Ice and Earth

Ice and Earth

Postby mahabone » 2015-01-06- 0:54

As a self-certified Master of the Undead Arts in Minions and Immortals, I'd like to suggest a couple tweaks to the Ice and Earth powers.

On their own these powers are weak and are situational at best.

Ice slows the enemies movement, but since the enemy does not flee and for the most part we're already in close range when we can use it, the ability seems to be the weakest by far,

Earth roots the enemy in place, but again most toons are close combat and only some mages can really benefit from the ability. If there was a dedicated archer class, earth would be more useful.

Compared to Dark (damage and healing), Light (Healing based on damage), Fire ( large dot damage) and Storm (multi-target damage), movement penalties seems minor in comparison.

My humble suggestion is adding an additional effect to each.

Ice - also reduces attack speed, perhaps 10% per level. You're being slowed, attack speed should be a given.

Earth - also reduces armor value, maybe also 10% per level with a reduced effect on bosses perhaps 2% per for them. You're being rooted to the ground by vines and rubble, you are not able to defend yourself properly.

This is my 2cp and would give us poor skellies a fighting chance.
mahabone

Re: Ice and Earth

Postby Trinity » 2015-01-06- 3:29

mahabone wrote:As a self-certified Master of the Undead Arts in Minions and Immortals, I'd like to suggest a couple tweaks to the Ice and Earth powers.

On their own these powers are weak and are situational at best.

Ice slows the enemies movement, but since the enemy does not flee and for the most part we're already in close range when we can use it, the ability seems to be the weakest by far,

Earth roots the enemy in place, but again most toons are close combat and only some mages can really benefit from the ability. If there was a dedicated archer class, earth would be more useful.

Compared to Dark (damage and healing), Light (Healing based on damage), Fire ( large dot damage) and Storm (multi-target damage), movement penalties seems minor in comparison.

My humble suggestion is adding an additional effect to each.

Ice - also reduces attack speed, perhaps 10% per level. You're being slowed, attack speed should be a given.

Earth - also reduces armor value, maybe also 10% per level with a reduced effect on bosses perhaps 2% per for them. You're being rooted to the ground by vines and rubble, you are not able to defend yourself properly.

This is my 2cp and would give us poor skellies a fighting chance.

Thanks for your suggestions! They are fantastic! :D
Trinity
Immortal Dev

Postby Shaoquin » 2015-01-06- 13:57

Thanks for those suggestions. My biggest worry is there are a lot of enemies with Ice and Earth. If we implement something like that suddenly they become much more powerful. We'll have to look into the impact but I like what I'm hearing. :mrgreen:
Shaoquin
Immortal Dev

Postby mahabone » 2015-01-06- 15:43

Shaoquin wrote:Thanks for those suggestions. My biggest worry is there are a lot of enemies with Ice and Earth. If we implement something like that suddenly they become much more powerful. We'll have to look into the impact but I like what I'm hearing. :mrgreen:

I'm sure it can't be as powerful as those dark users who heal 75-250 hp/ second :mrgreen:

This was my Cleric's reaction to the elements...

Ice/Earth - :D
Dark - :x
Elite Kur w/ dark - :o :shock: :?
mahabone

Postby Trinity » 2015-01-07- 7:21

mahabone wrote:
Shaoquin wrote:Thanks for those suggestions. My biggest worry is there are a lot of enemies with Ice and Earth. If we implement something like that suddenly they become much more powerful. We'll have to look into the impact but I like what I'm hearing. :mrgreen:

I'm sure it can't be as powerful as those dark users who heal 75-250 hp/ second :mrgreen:

This was my Cleric's reaction to the elements...

Ice/Earth - :D
Dark - :x
Elite Kur w/ dark - :o :shock: :?

I like the reaction faces from your cleric. I can just picture Patella making those faces hehe. :D
Trinity
Immortal Dev

Return to Game Mechanics